|Phibro Animal Health Excellence in Poultry Research Award
2012 Award Information
Deadline for submissions: February 1, 2012
This Award continues the tradition of the former Pfizer Excellence in Poultry Research Award, which was administered by the American Veterinary Medical Foundation, and which was discontinued in 2002. The Award was revived and renamed with the generous support of Phibro Animal Health in 2003, and is now administered by the AAAP. The Phibro Animal Health Excellence in Poultry Research Award is presented to a member of the AAAP for sustained excellence in research in poultry disease and health over a period of 20 years or more. The Award shall be in the amount of $1,000.00 plus travel expenses, if necessary, for two days to the American Veterinary Medical Association’s Annual Meeting. The recipient is expected to present a paper describing some aspect of her or his research.
The nominee must be a member of the AAAP and must be active in research or not more than one year into retirement. The candidate must have a record of sustained excellence in poultry disease or health research for at least 20 years.
Awards will be based on the following information:
1. The cover Letter to nominate a candidate. (Self-nominations are not acceptable.)
2. No more than one seconding letter.
3. A one page, single spaced summary of research accomplishments outlining the contributions to poultry medicine and /or health over at least a period of 20 years or more.
4. A complete CV including biographical information such as education (institution(s) attended, degree(s) granted, and area(s) of study); list of the professional positions held by the nominee, including the length of time and activities associated with those positions; a complete list of publications; and, if appropriate, a list of trainees and the current positions of the trainees.
5. Any other biographical information considered pertinent by the nominator. For example, a listing of some (less than 10) publications covering the 20 year period that are considered by the nominator to be most significant, or other lasting impacts on the science in the field, would be appropriate.
Previous recipients of this award are:
|| L.D. Olson
|| Y.M. Saif
||H. John Barnes
|| S.H. Kleven
|| R.L. Witter
|| K.A. Schat
|| A. Fadly
|| J. Sharma (last Pfizer award)
|| D. Tripathy
Send nominations by mail, fax, or E-mail to:
Department of Animal and Food Sciences
044 Townsend Hall
University of Delaware
Newark, DE 19716-2150
E-mail is preferred because it facilitates the distribution to committee members, saving secretarial work and mailing costs.